Reiki is a Japanese healing art that was synthesized by Mikao Usui in the late 1800’s in Japan. Mikao Usui who wanted to understand and work with methods of medicine and healing developed Reiki. “Reiki’s initial stages can be learned by anyone regardless of their personal philosophy and/or spiritual belief system. Through the initiations of Reiki by a Reiki Master, comes a “reawakening”, a re-opening of the stronger healing potential that lies within each of us.
Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a Japanese name consisting of two words, Rei and Ki is a specific form of energy healing, in which hands are placed just off the body or lightly touching the body, as in “laying on of hands.” The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy.”
Reiki is not a religion – there is nothing you have to believe in to use or receive Reiki. Reiki is not an ‘alternative’ therapy – it is a ‘complementary’ therapy in that it works alongside other medical and therapeutic techniques.
Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and help others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
Reiki can also be done “long-distance,” as a form of prayer. According to many versions of its origin, Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese seeker of spiritual truths, brought the Reiki method of healing into human awareness in 1922 after a deeply spiritual experience. He is said to have begun teaching others after a serious earthquake hit Japan and he felt urged to spread his knowledge.
In a Reiki session, the practitioner is seeking to transmit Universal Life Energy to the client. The intention is to create deep relaxation, to help speed healing, reduce pain, and decrease other symptoms you may be experiencing. Reiki helps to harmonize body, mind, and spirit for yourself or anyone you want to help for healing on all levels – physical, mental, and emotional.
The Original Reiki Ideals
(as taught by Usui)
The secret art of inviting happiness.
The miraculous cure of all diseases.
Just for today, do not be angry.
Do not worry–and be filled with gratitude.
Devote yourself to your work and be kind to every living being.
Every morning and evening join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart.
And chant these words with your mouth.
Usui Reiki Treatment for improvement of body and mind.
Reiki Healing Health Benefits:
- Accelerates the body’s natural self-healing abilities.
- Aids better quality sleep.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Brings hemispheric balance between the right and the left brain.
- May be used safely by people of all ages, including the newborn, pregnant mothers, surgical patients and the elderly.
- Helps with acute injuries and chronic problems such as asthma, eczema, and headaches.
- Helps relieve pain.
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony.
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy.
- Supports and revitalizes the immune system.
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process.
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body.
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing.
- Vitalizes both body, soul, and spirit.
- Establishes spiritual equilibrium and mental well-being.
- Balances the body’s energy system.
- Cleanses the body of toxicity.
- Helps to regenerate organs and rebuild tissue and bones.
- Works with animals and plants.
- Supports the body’s natural healing system.
- Encourages stable emotional patterns.
- Promotes a total sense of well-being.
- Has no side effects and is effective for all ages.
- For personal growth, healing deep-seated personal issues and developing compassion, empathy, wisdom, patience and other good qualities.
- To complement and strengthen other therapies such as aromatherapy, reflexology, therapy, etc.
- To calm yourself before going into stressful situations such as exams, interviews or public speaking.
- Accelerates wound healing and relieves pain and emotional distress.
- Produces a feeling of mental clarity, calmness, well-being, and spiritual connection.
- Reiki does not replace traditional medical treatment and therapies but rather complements the healing process.
- Used to promote comfort in dying.
- The individual experiences a sensation of warmth, deep relaxation, and comfort.
- Brings balance and healing to the body, mind, and spirit.
Reiki for Healthcare Professionals
I am available to teach Reiki workshops & classes for Healthcare Professionals.
Reiki Embraces Healing With The Following:
- Heart disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Headache & Backache
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cancer and Fever
- Chronic pain
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Autism/developmental delays
- Crohn’s Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
- Emotional illness, including mild psychosis
- Fatigue syndromes
- End-of-life care and bereavement
- Kidney and Liver Issues
I recommend that you see a licensed physician or licensed health care professional for any physical or psychological ailment you may have. Energy practitioners do not diagnose conditions, nor do they perform medical treatment, prescribe substances, or interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional.