Why do you use ‘animal companion’ rather than ‘pet’ to describe the human and animal relationship?
I believe that the term, animal companion, offers a more equitable and compassionate description of the mutual relationship we share with our furry, feathered, scaled, and finned family. I have used the term, animal companion for as long as I can remember personally and professionally.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mahatma Gandhi
What professional background do you have to teach Reiki for Animals?
I am a Reiki Master Teacher since 1999. I am an Animal Communicator and Medical Intuitive with years of experience in support of animal companions and I am a Life Coach and a Certified Hypnotherapist. I have taught the benefit of veterinarians using Reiki. As a wildlife photographer, I have incorporated my naturist inclinations with experienced observations about animal behaviors and used Reiki on their behalf.
What do you mean when you teach nonintrusive Reiki for animals?
In my Reiki for Animals certification classes and as a wildlife photographer, I teach the compassionate reverence for life and nonintrusive approach with all living things. The foundation is to not create a change in their natural behavior or attitude while honoring mutual respect through a temporary or permanent partnership.
How do I become an animal Reiki Practitioner?
You can attend one or more of the three levels of Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner classes that I teach. Click on this link to contact me about becoming an Animal Reiki Practitioner. Contact Stephen
Reiki treatments make a difference with animals. What are some of them?
- Reducing pain.
- Becoming an adjunct to veterinary treatments.
- Reducing discomfort from arthritis, rheumatism, inflammation, and other joint issues.
- Increasing bond with the human companion.
- Acceleration of natural healing.
- Increasing energy.
- Improving sleep.
- Relieving muscular strains.
- Alleviating side effects of medical treatments including chemotherapy and radiation.
- strengthening the immune system.
- Reducing the pain of colic that is common in horses and may occur in other animals such as cats, dogs, cows, and llamas. At the first signs of colic, a veterinarian needs to be consulted early to determine the best course of treatment.
- Reducing stress, nervousness, and anxiety.
- Creates calmness, inner peace, safety, and security for animals with a history of abuse including rescued animals.
- Reduces behavioral and emotional issues.
- Encourages calmness when transporting animals that are experiencing fear and other emotions.
- Creating tranquility in the transition for terminally ill animals.
What are some of the responses and reactions that animals demonstrate with Reiki treatments?
- Leaning into the Reiki Practitioner by placing their shoulders gently against the Reiki Practitioner’s hands.
- The lips, especially the lower ones may relax and there may be yawning.
- Sometimes eyes are partially closed and breathing relaxes.
- Falling asleep.
- Passing wind.
- Walking away, then returning.
- Drinking water.
- Changes in body and skin temperature.
- Sitting or lying down next to the Reiki Practitioner.
- Relaxing a hind leg.
How is an Animal Reiki treatment different than with humans?
Animals naturally respond to the Reiki in diverse ways including leaning into it giving the Reiki Practitioner indications where they want to receive the Reiki and for the time frame. I encourage people who are receiving Reiki treatments to intuitively move their bodies in response to the Reiki and to let the Reiki Practitioner know when they feel enough Reiki was given.
What animals can be treated with Reiki?
- All species and breeds including, dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, fish, horses, and farm animals.
- All wildlife.
Can a Reiki Practitioner diagnose medical conditions with animals?
Not unless they are a qualified veterinarian.
Can Reiki symbols be used with animals?
Yes. All Reiki Level I, II, and III Reiki Master Teacher symbols may be used with animals.
Are meridians and chakras combined with Reiki when treating animals?
Yes. These are essential to balance the energy flow through the entire body.
Is Reiki used hands-on or above the animal’s body?
Reiki may be used either way. When an animal has a skin condition or injury it is advisable to give a Reiki treatment above the body. I only give Reiki treatments above the body as I believe that this is the most effective approach.